Re: potato Release Notes updated

Hi!

In article <[🔎] 20000116174803.A5936@jagor.srce.hr>,
  at Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:48:03 +0100,
    on potato Release Notes updated,
 Josip Rodin <jrodin@public.srce.hr> writes:

> I've taken over maintaining the Release Notes for this release, from Bob
> Hilliard. No, it wasn't done as a secret hostile takeover :) Someone else
> volunteered to help at that time, but I don't remember the name anymore.
> Anyone is welcome to contribute, of course.

Coming potato is the first release of Debian which no more requires
add-on JP-packages to support for Japanese language practically.

I am glad if we have the note for this, (for example) at the end of
this documents, to appeal to our users who use hamm-jp/slink-jp.

I think if such messages are added in the official Release Notes of Debian,
then they (users of hamm-jp/slink-jp) happily and willingly move to use
our new potato, and it wlll enforce our effort to merge JP packages and
to advance the i18n of Debian.

If anyone does not object, I will think about the text for this.

Please let me know how do you think. Thank you.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>