Re: potato Release Notes updated

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 09:59:51PM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> > I've taken over maintaining the Release Notes for this release, from Bob
> > Hilliard. No, it wasn't done as a secret hostile takeover :) Someone else
> > volunteered to help at that time, but I don't remember the name anymore.
> > Anyone is welcome to contribute, of course.
>
> Coming potato is the first release of Debian which no more requires
> add-on JP-packages to support for Japanese language practically.
>
> I am glad if we have the note for this, (for example) at the end of
> this documents, to appeal to our users who use hamm-jp/slink-jp.
>
> I think if such messages are added in the official Release Notes of Debian,
> then they (users of hamm-jp/slink-jp) happily and willingly move to use
> our new potato, and it wlll enforce our effort to merge JP packages and
> to advance the i18n of Debian.
>
> If anyone does not object, I will think about the text for this.

Yes, please!

BTW everyone, another important(?) TODO task is to explain the details about
Linux kernel 2.0->2.2 transition... I really can't remember what to put
there, because I switched to 2.1 and 2.2 ages ago :o(

And a few words about IPv6 support should be useful, too.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name