Re: post installation and reboot tasks (was Re: diskles-image-*)

Mike Touloumtzis wrote:
> I often feel that the new username prompt is insufficiently
> newbie-proofed on Linux installs.  A suggested modification
> follows (I'm not crazy about the wording; it's the content
> I care about).  I'm assuming that the eight-character
> restriction is still a good idea; please yank it if this has
> been fixed.

As far as I know, debian works ok with longer usernames, you can log in
using the full username, and generally work without problems (some places it
will be truncated in displays, of course). I've added your text except for
that.

--
see shy jo