Re: diskles-image-*

Hi, just got back from vacation.

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ideally, base packages themselves should all support debconf.
> However, that is not yet so.  I am conflicted whether we should try to
> take at least the postinstallation tasks and debconf-tiny'ify them,
> and try to either:
>
>   (a) get the upstream base pkg maintainers to add the scripts
>       (probably not possible)

It's worth dropping a patch their way.

>   (b) make a new little package, base-config which has all this stuff,
> then you cuold do 'dpkg-reconfigure base-config' or some such

Nod.

>   (c) just have the scripts be part of the boot-floppies themselves

This is less than ideal because you cannot reconfigure, etc.

I'd like to step forward and do some work on this. I understand that
Randolph has finally gotten debconf-tiny into the base tarball, so this is
practical now. I'd limit myself to the set of questions that it asks on the
initial reboot before entering task selection.

--
see shy jo