post installation and reboot tasks (was Re: diskles-image-*)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> One thing I'm not sure about is if I should replace the adduser call with
> debconf code or not. It'd be more consitent, but also duplicate code.

I would do the following in debconf:

  * ask if installer wants to create a user account
  * if so, ask for username
  * then invoke 'adduser <username>'

That would be no code duplication...

> > I'd love to work closely with you to get all this in.  All the logic
> > is already there, we just gotta port it to debconf and stitch it
> > together in the right order.  It's this last 10% of work which will
> > make installation feel *so* much nicer for users.
> Yep.
> I will make this my priority beginning Wednesday. I have to catch up on
> nearly 2 weeks of work and get DWN out before I can dovote much time to it.

Ok -- excellent.  I'll see what I can do to clear the path for you.
Hopefully we can have a 2.2.5 some time this week which will include a
base with debconf-tiny.

In summary, after installation of base, dbootstrap will do the
timezone configuration etc as per normal.  Yadda yadda, then, in this

 1. reboot into system

 2. run joey's debconf'ified replacement postinst script

 3. apt configurator

 4. xviddetect's anXious

 5. tasksel

 6. ask user whether they wanna install base directly (apt-get) or run
    dselect instead