Re: manual selection of devices

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> We could safely move it near top of the list, maybe just after the
> keyboard selection step.  It is already there for diskless install,
> btw.  Network configuration is kept in the ramdisk (under
> /tmp/notarget) until a root partition is mounted.  It is then copied
> on.  Therefore it is safe to configure the network at anytime.

The problem is that while trying to configure the network before
sense for i386.  For i386, configure network should be right after
"install kernel and modules".

What I think we should do is:

  at the install kernel and modules step, offer alternate of configure
     network

  after kernel/modules step, if network not already configured,
    configure network.

Sound good?  Any volunteers?