Re: fat / v-fat [Re: minix]

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> I believe the descision was to use ext2fs for root.bin in all
> cases. I'll take out the minix check.  Anywhere minix is used is
> probably a bug.
>
> [Correct me if I'm wrong here.]
>
> As for msdos support, yes, the rescue disk image is msdos on i386
> anyhow, as well it should be.

fat and vfat are compatible and the bootdisk creation should use
whatever support is available in the running kernel. Telling the user
to compile the fat modules just because he only has the vfat is
stupid.

Actually vfat will be present most of the time and fat hardly ever, so
depending on the fat module is anoying.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin