Re: An initrd proposal

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> You have the problem here that you afterwards need a different kernel
> for booting the resulting installation this might lead to ...
>
> "After the installation the system wont boot" ...

Well one workaround would be for debian to use an initrd to boot, after
installation, too. Of course, experienced users would build their own kernel
and bypass it.

Is that a crazy idea?

I'm very impressed by Nils's message. I've been thinking along similar lines
for months, mulling over the same ideas though I didn't come up with
anything as concrete as Nils has.

--
see shy jo