Re: Busybox update

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Erik Andersen <andersen@xmission.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu Oct 21, 1999 at 07:42:13PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > > I have a few stuff I would like:
> > > insmod, rmmod, modprobe, sed, whiptail
>
> Um, the root disk already includes this stuff, unless I"m
> hallucinating.

Yes it does, but including that in busybox would reduce size and
remove another binary in favour of busybox.

> Goswin, I have to say, it's kinda annoying that you are using this
> list to further the interests of the demo-fs project to the detriment
> of the boot-floppies project.  That's my impression anyway -- I hope
> I'm wrong about that.

I have two reasons for using that list:

1. Its the only list that fits.
2. The demofs is too closely related to the boot-disk package.

The demofs will eigther depend on the boot-disk package or be
integrated into the boot-disk package. If its not integrated I don´t
know exactly how I should get the relevant stuff off the boot-disk
package (resc1440.bin, base.tgz, drv1440.bin, busybox).

> > I'll also shortly be taking a look at insmod/modprobe/depmod and
> > seeing if they seem fit for busyboxing.
>
> Erik, speaking for boot-floppies, all I can point out is that sed
> would be useful (we currently ship it as some kinda gross hack on the
> drivers disk -- well, at least we used to).  Be clear that Goswin does
> not represent in any way the boot-floppies team.
>
> I'm pretty sure we don't need insmod/modprobe/depmod (though I might
> be wrong).

Doesn´t hurd eigther busybox nor the boot-floppy package. :)

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin