Re: autodectection of modules at boot time

Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> writes:

> > Yes, it is a debian package, xviddetect, by Randolph Chung
> > <tausq@debian.org> but I dont' think it was uploaded.  I wish it
> > were...
>
> it's in http://master.debian.org/~tausq/video/
>
> i will upload it later this week.

Um, would it be possible to somehow integrate this with xserver-common
such that after installation, we could add a task to run xviddetect
and automatically pick the right xserver-* package for installation?

I think this is an important "ergonomic" improvement because many many
people have confusion determining the correct xserver-* package to
install.

Randolph, you would be interested in workthig this out with us and
hopefully with the X Window System team?