autodectection of modules at boot time

Hello,

  I heard of projects about autodectecting hardware at boot time to
automatically load modules from an initial ramdisk.
However, I forgot to keep track of these mails, so I don't know who are working
on.
I'm willing to help you on the sparc side: all sparc are plug and play for
ages, therefore it could not be so difficult to implement.

Are there plans to integrate such things in bootdisks ?

Any pointers to persons, web pages, ... would be appreciated.

Regards.