Re: autodectection of modules at boot time

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 02:25:34AM +0200 , Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> We need the addr. of the bootp-server. And what, if the server is != sparc?
> And if the bootp-server is an rs/6000 with axi you have some trouble then ...

you don't need the address of bootp server. see rc.bootp.gz in bootpc examples
for how to setup network. It has some bugs, but I could try to find my fixed
version. Don't use it anymore 'cause it does't work 2.2 kernels.
You must use dhcpc _and_  compile packet filetr into the kernel to be able to
directly send packets to the network.
I see the only option in using dhcp. If I'm not mistaken, it is compatible
with bootp so any bootp server should be able to respond to a dhcp request.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz