Re: autodectection of modules at boot time

Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
> >   * bootp/dhcp integration in the boot-floppies (boot-floppies)
>
> I´m intrested in that too, but I never used it and don´t know enough
> about it right now to tell how difficult it is.

I have little experience with bootp because I configured my sparc few days ago
to using it.  It is not that difficult, and using bootpc, you could get all
parameters on the client side.

# bootpc --server 192.168.1.255
SERVER='192.168.1.1'
IPADDR='192.168.1.13'
BOOTFILE='//linux-2.2.12.aout'
NETMASK='255.255.255.0'
NETWORK='192.168.1.0'
BROADCAST='192.168.1.255'
ROOT_PATH='/tftpboot/debian-sparc-root'
DOMAIN='pontchartrain.fr'
SEARCH='pontchartrain.fr'

We just need to parse this output in dbootstrap.
Moreover, bootpc is only 12kB.

Don't know anything about dhcp though. Sorry.

Regards.