Re: Proposal: dump dselect for console-apt

Matt Porter <mmporter@home.com> writes:
> If we just relied on what was given to us, we be stuck with having the
> full perl5.005 instead of just perl5.005-base in base.  Instead we
> communicated what we needed to the maintainers.

By all means, I encourage everyone to do so...

> That said, since we are still looking at a Nov. 1 freeze,

Hah!  I don't think so...

> I guess it is
> sufficient to have the standard/expert installation option going into the
> task GUI and kick out to dselect configured for APT if in expert mode.

My thinking, actually, was just install tasks, then kick up apt
directly....  capt, perhaps, in this situation is very well suited
because it has the tighter apt integration (the install progress
thingie?  never actually run it...)