Re: (PATCH url) #47235: boot-floppies: need to build Compaq Smart Array not as module

Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> writes:

> I found the patch for lilo to get the Compaq Smart Array to work. It is available at:
>
> http://www.insync.net/~frantzc/cpqarray.html

> I sent this link to the lilo maintainer already.  Hopefully he will include it soon.

Did the maintain respond?  Did you file a bug with the package asking
for the Smart Array suppport?  If so, what is the Bug#?

>  If it is possible I would like for the boot disks to include the
>  ida /dev files

Ok, can you tell me exactly the device names are?

> and smart array to be compiled into the kernel.

Ok, if the newest 2.2.12 potato kernel-images do not include smart
array, could you file a wishlist bug against kernel-image-2.2.12
asking for support of that driver?

I don't mean to be bureaucratic -- it's just easier if we can delegate
all this coordination out to the requestors!