Re: i386 Boot Images - Build 2, Oct 12

Luc Stepniewski wrote:

> Could you explain me the procedure to create a CD from the base2_2.tgz
> file ? Is there a document explaining the structure of the CD(s), and the
> explanation on how to do one ? I'm looking for documentation on how to
> make a modified Debian CD.

Check http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html and
ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/packages/mkisofs/

Using mkisofs with the apporpriate arguments to make it bootable, an ISO
image file of the CD is created containing the boot image (i.e.
resc2880.bin) and whatever else is desired (i.e. base2_2.tgz).  Then a
CD is "burned" with the custom image.  It's pretty simple really.

Bootable CD's conform to the "El Torito" specification.