Re: bootable, rootable, base, and the rest

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 02:35:49PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 08:40:30PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > I don't get it.  Why not release a proper 2.0.36-4 or 2.0.36-3.1 even
> > > to stable just like any other package?
> > >
> > > The way the tecra images are released is basically, "not really
> > > released at all".
>
> > Because I do not want this image to be the officla one.
>
> Um, ok.  Well, can you explain why not?  AFAIK, you just made the WD
> SCSI driver a module rather than in the kernel -- I'd be willing to
> sacrifice WD users for aic7xxx users (since aic must outnumbers wd by
> 10 to 1 or so).
>
> What would it take to get this released?  Do you need more testing of?
> Does Enrique have this kernel?  Should I pester him to build a version
> of boot-floppies with this kernel for testing?

I don't have it (yet). I guess I can download it from incoming if it's
ready.

I'm not up-to-date about the goals for a new version of slink
boot-floppies (I've been looking at potato ones lately). Is that kernel
all that I have to update to release a new version?

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es