Re: bootable, rootable, base, and the rest

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 07:48:37PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I don't believe this is the correct diagnosis.  Last I heard, I think,
> the less used WD40 card should be unloaded from the kernel and made
> into a driver in order to fix the problems.  Herbert Xu mentioned he
> was going to release a 2.0.36-4 which had this fix.

I think you misunderstood me there.  I've already released a kernel-image
without the WD driver, and I intended that someone would use this just like
the tecra image.

> >   Is this an issue anymore with 2.2 kernels?
>
> Not sure.

There may be if it's caused by the WD driver, as I said, someone should start
looking at initrd for potato ASAP.