Re: [renfro@tntech.edu] Great job with 2.1, just a few minor questions

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 11:38:07PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> There is no xserver-configure for the xserver-xsun line AFAIK.  There
> is no configuration required on the systems supported by those
> servers.
>
> The default X servers for other sparc machines (such as my matrox64)
> assume that /dev/mouse is valid.  I don't see why it shouldn't be.
> It is valid for x86, right?

Not without user action (AFAICT). The system doesn't adjust the symlink
automatically (say I have a PS/2 mouse in /dev/psaux, or a serial one in
/dev/ttyS1, or...). (I think new XF86Setup adjusts it on the mouse
selection step). As X defaults to /dev/mouse, and you say there's no
configuration required for xserver-xsun, I'd say that package should
create the /dev/mouse -> /dev/sunmouse symlink.

I still fail to see why that's a boot-floppies issue.
Perhaps we should ship that symlink on sparc's base system?

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es