[email@example.com] Great job with 2.1, just a few minor questions
I can confirm these bugs. Is there anyone working on them? Should I
submit them as bugs against boot-floppies?
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Great job with 2.1, just a few minor questions
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:50:03 -0600 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.990309074000.12942Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Hey, guys. First off, you seem to have done a great job with the Slink
install: within two hours, we took a 10-year old Sparc1 from formatting
the drives all the way to a base system, X, and ssh (inside of 65MB of
disk space, too). With any luck, another 20-something similar machines
will follow along.
Couple of glitches, though, that might have alrady been addressed:
1) /dev/mouse was not symlinked to /dev/sunmouse when I first tried X.
Does some package that everybody else installs take care of that? As I
didn't even touch dselect, and used apt to get whatever other packages
were needed, I may very well have left out something.
2) /etc/rc.boot/0setserial croaked with "Cannot autoconfigure port:
Invalid argument" -- extremely minor, as those serial ports are not
likely to be used for anything. If this is the same init script as in
the i386 version, perhaps there should be a differnt one for Sparc?
Overwhelmingly, though, Sparc Slink kicks much tail. I hope to have one at
home shortly. Thanks again.
Mike Renfro / Instructor, Basic Engineering Program
931 372-3601 / email@example.com
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
--- End Message ---