Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> a few .info files should be added, so users can doubleclick on icons under
> AmigaOS to read the readmes, open the drawer with the (amiga) install stuff.
> It can be done without these icons (.info files) but its not very user
> friendly.

Agreed.

> The amiboot file (^= loadlin on i386) is not executable,which is very bad.
> I had to copy the install drawer to harddisk, change permissions and start
> the installation from there. The rest seems to work, but I did not do a full
> install from CD yet.

Strange.  What do the permissions under AmigaOS and Linux look like for
the amiboot file?

It's possible the flags to mkisofs/mkhybrid are removing the Unix x bits,
or that your Amiga CD-ROM driver has to have the Amiga-specific Rock Ridge
extensions for a file to recognize it as executable.  The former is easily
fixable, the latter is impossible to fix without hacking mkhybrid.

> Whom should I send the .info files? Who will create the images?
> I might be able to burn some CDs here to test if the images are correct
> then.

I'd tar the .info files up and put them in an archive on your home
directory on master, so people can find it if they need it.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence                      EMail: lawrencc@clark.net
Graduate Student, Political Science     or quango@watervalley.net

               Amiga 4000/060 AmigaOS 3.1 & Linux/m68k 2.1
    -----> WWW home page at: http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/ <----