QA page improvements (Was: Your extremely welcome contributions to QA page)

On 26/10/20 2:04 pm, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
>>> I also fully subscribe your suggestions for future improvements[1].

I have submitted merge requests for better i18n in Genshi templates and
a different styling for the QA page.

I might work on score based sorting sometime later.

>>> In addition I see two issues content-wise inside the QA pages:
>>>
>>>    1. I want to add some information about "package is not in testing".
>>>       This information is not yet queried in the SQL query but it should
>>>       be relatively easy to get when checking the UDD dashboard code.
>>
>> I will dig UDD code and try to add that information. I will write back
>> if I need help understanding what needs to be shown.
>
> I think I have read somewhere about the source of
>
>     https://udd.debian.org/dmd.cgi
>
> which also contains "testing migration" information.  It should not be to
> hard to code this yourself but I learned that there is a pitfall for every
> query.  So re-using existing code is sensible.

I understood the logic that DMD uses it and implemented in the QA page.
I submitted a merge request for it too.

>>>    2. There are some issues displayed on the med-bio task[2] for instance
>>>       for packages augur and barrnap.  UDD returns "Erroneous package"
>>>       which turns finally out that some dependencies are not available
>>>       on all architectures that are tested.  As far as I know we can not
>>>       do much about it (to be clarified with CI team).  I think it would
>>>       be helpful to suppress things we can not do anything about.
>>
>> I believe tests have three states: success or failure when the tests run
>> fully and error when tests could not run fully due to problems with
>> testing code. I believe 'Erroneous package' corresponds to the later
>> case. I will confirm that this is the case and submit changes accordingly.
>
> Sound sensible - but I wonder whether there are cases where some work
> from packagers side is left.

So far, from the packages I have examined, the 'Erroneous package' is
the message that is thrown when setting up of the test harness fails.
This include situations when package dependencies not found,
dependencies could not be installed, or package itself could not be
installed.

When tests start running, they pass, fail, or are skipped. Various
messages look like this:

udd=> select message, count(*) from ci group by message;
                        message                         | count
--------------------------------------------------------+-------
                                                        |   105
 Tests failed, and at least one test skipped            |    82
 Erroneous package                                      |  2181
 Unexpected autopkgtest exit code 20                    |     3
 No tests in this package or all skipped                |  6344
 Tests passed, but at least one test skipped            |   823
 elbrus                                                 |  1365
 Tests failed                                           |  3140
 Could not run tests due to a temporary testbed failure |   178
 All tests passed                                       | 43060
 No tests in this package                               |    20

In case the failure is because of 'Erroneous package' there does not
seem to additional information that could help us with when it can be
ignored. I am not sure if we can safely ignore 'Erroneous package'
message entirely.

[...]

Thanks,

--