Re: Your extremely welcome contributions to QA page (Was: FreedomBox tasks and metapackage)

On 26/10/20 2:15 am, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
> I just merged your extremely welcome changes[1] to the QA pages.  This
> was exactly the kind of contribution I was waiting for years!  I'm
> really happy that someone who has obviously more Python coding skills
> into my hackish code! ;-)

Thanks for your kind words.

> I also fully subscribe your suggestions for future improvements[1].
> In addition I see two issues content-wise inside the QA pages:
>
>    1. I want to add some information about "package is not in testing".
>       This information is not yet queried in the SQL query but it should
>       be relatively easy to get when checking the UDD dashboard code.

I will dig UDD code and try to add that information. I will write back
if I need help understanding what needs to be shown.

>    2. There are some issues displayed on the med-bio task[2] for instance
>       for packages augur and barrnap.  UDD returns "Erroneous package"
>       which turns finally out that some dependencies are not available
>       on all architectures that are tested.  As far as I know we can not
>       do much about it (to be clarified with CI team).  I think it would
>       be helpful to suppress things we can not do anything about.

I believe tests have three states: success or failure when the tests run
fully and error when tests could not run fully due to problems with
testing code. I believe 'Erroneous package' corresponds to the later
case. I will confirm that this is the case and submit changes accordingly.

[...]
>> - Ran into issues with testing with tasksel. Likely due to slapd's
>> debconf questions. Everything is good otherwise, will request upload of
>> the package as soon as the issue is fixed.
>
> Just let me know if I could be of more help.

I have not continued much on this but will soon do so. Meanwhile, will
it be okay to merge websentinal changes for FreedomBox without the
metapackage entering unstable?

Thanks,

--
Sunil