Re: Accepted blends 0.6.101 (source) into experimental

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 09:43:04AM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> >
> > The usage of Recommends+Suggests was always permitted in 'classic'
> > format.  The only difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is that in 1.1 it is
> > permitted that Depends remain Depends while in 1.0 it was downgraded
> > to Recommends in any case.
>
> So, Recommends were never downgraded to Suggests, resp. Depends and
> Recommends were synonyms?

Yes.  Depends and Recommends were synonyms.  The old code made sure that
no Depends will remain in the resulting control file.  May be the term
"Format" is not very well choosen since the format of the tasks files
can not really be distinguished.  Its rather the *interpretation* of the
file that has changed.  In 1.1 it is permitted that a Depends remains
(and thus Recommends need to be specified explicitly).  The only reason
why I did a global s/Depends/Recommends/ in Debian Med is that it is now
more explicit (the degraded Depends was confusing for some people).

> This is ofcourse something that can be simply
> changed; lines 525ff:
>
> ```
>     def upgrade_from_1_0(content):
>         header = [ ("Format", "https://blends.debian.org/blends/1.1";) ]
>         header += list(filter(lambda x: x[0] != "Format", content[0].items()))
>         res = [ dict(header) ]
>         for p in content[1:]:
>             q = []
>             for key, value in p.items():
>                 if key == 'Recommends':   # This downgrades Recommends
>                     key = 'Suggests'      # to Suggests
 ... but only if the package is not available in the target distribution.
>                 elif key == 'Depends':
>                     key = 'Recommends'
>                 # Remove backslashes, which are not DEB822 compliant
>                 value = re.sub(r'\s*\\', '', value)
>                 q.append((key, value))
>             res.append(dict(q))
>         return Deb822List(res)
> ```
> > So if there is no format line or format 1.0 is specified the resulting
> > d/control should not contain Depends but rather Recommends but it should
> > not be empty.  Should I file a bug report about this?
>
> Not needed when the above is correct:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/olebole/python-debian-blends/commit/b6864267
>
> I will upload a new experimental package today or tomorrow, which has
> the issues fixed that were raised so far.

I'll test as soon as possible.  I can even test a commit before
uploading if you confirm that this is your target for an upload.

Thanks again