Re: Towards a Debian for minimalists

On 7/16/2016 2:30 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Richard Owlett (2016-07-16 19:14:50)
On 7/15/2016 10:04 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
What should I read? in what order? Assume I had never heard of
boxer before.
I suggest that you start from the email I wrote back then: That was
written with the assumption of you being new to Boxer :-)

You wrote 19 posts with "boxer" in the body. (did not count how many
threads)
Following chains of references, I have an additional 150-160 posts to
study.

Sorry - didn't mean for it to be a riddle.  Try this:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2014/11/msg00025.html

  - Jonas

To quote a hermeneutics professor I knew, "Text without context is pretext." The other posts I read shed light on defining *my goals*. The other 150+ posts
have/will shed light on solving various side issues.

I have a complete DVD set of Jessie(8.4).
I have already done a fairly typical install with a Mate desktop.
Over the next week or so I will do a series of manual installs that will begin with a standard CLI setup then use apt-get to install Mate:
  1. using standard metapackages (with recommends activated)
  2. using standard metapackages (with recommends DE-activated)
  3. using chosen components of Mate (with recommends activated)
  4. using chosen components of Mate (with recommends DE-activated)

If everything required to experiment with boxer is on the DVD's, I'll try it also.