Re: Blends html integration

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 08:23:43AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> What would be the way to do that? In principle, it should be procesed
>> like the other tasks pages.
>
> Perhaps you might like to visit update-all-tasks which is a simple shell
> script to call tasks.py with all available Blends defined in webconf.
> If you intend to write a separate script (gen_index.py or whatever you
> might want to call it) this kind of wrapper would be needed.
> Alternatively you could add the relevant code to tasks.py - whatever
> might sound more practical to you.  (I hope that this is the correct
> answer to your question.)

Yes, thanks. I prepared a template for Debian-Astro; however still
without complete internationalization, and the integration is still a
bit clumpsy.

> Please note: This years GSoC had the topic of rewriting the tools to use
> UDD exclusively [...]
>
> Considering that we are somehow in the middle of a migration to some new
> code (now in Python 3) in the dir webtools_py3 it might not be very
> sensible to undergo heavy changes with the old code.

That's why I tried to make only minimal changes, even if they look a bit
ugly.

> My personal schedule is to wait until the end of the year and finish
> the task then myself if Akshita might confirm that she has not enough
> time.  My plan is to finalise this at least at the Debian Med
> sprint[1]. (BTW, feel free to join this sprint also if you consider
> yourself not as a Debian Med member - any Blends developers are
> welcome!)

I am afraid that I don't can come for some family reasons. But let's
see, and maybe ping me shortly before the sprint again :-)

I'd be in any case happy to help you there a bit. blendstasktools does
not very pythonic and structured yet; and the web page templates could
also get some more structure (commonly used html and page headers and
footers for example could get extra templates).

>> Another question/problem: For some reason, the scraper fails to get the
>> short descriptions of python-astroml, and the short and long
>> descriptions of python-astroscrappy and python3-astroscrappy. However, I
>> don't see what is wrong with these. Could you have a look please?
>
> Hmmmm, I can confirm that it is not in the prospective_packages table in
> UDD but should.  The import log does not show anything suspicious.  I
> guess I need to do some debugging.  If you do not hear from me over the
> weekend please ping me again.

It works now. I don't know whether you changed anything, but in the git
there is nothing. Maybe UDD was on strike that day... :-)

Best regards

Ole