Re: New blend creation (debian-astro)

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:14 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:

> However, I also don't know how to start from a technical side:
>
> * Could someone have a look on the package (in the git repository) and
>   give me some hints what is missing there? Or (if it is simple) just
>   correct it?

Looks good to me, but I'm not familiar with blends stuff.

> * What else would I need to do to get them somehow integrated?

I guess upload them to the archive would be the best way to start.

> For the metapackages, I am a bit unsure about how they are used
> currently and in future: One use if probably to generate the package
> lists on debian-blends.d.o. Another is to serve as metapackages for
> direct install or via tasksel, right?

Right.

> So, is a "viewers" task still useful?

The metapackages use recommends, people can pick and choose which
viewers they want installed. With AppStream data, screenshots and
debtags this gets easier for users since there is more information
available.

https://bugs.debian.org/758116

> What else (also non-technical) would I/we need to prepare?

Integration into the blends website, not sure how this works:

http://blends.debian.org/

A page on the Debian website, Iain R. Learmonth created this and can
guide you there.

https://www.debian.org/blends/

A set of live/install images, Iain can guide you.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/blends/blends-images.git

--
bye,
pabs