Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi Akshita,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 03:10:50PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > In contrest to packages in contrib / non-free the string "non-free" is
> > injected (which is not fully correct for packages in contrib - feel free
> > to add the first enhancement here and use "DFSG free" also for packages
> > in contrib).
>
> I have solved the licensing issue for official packages. For :
>
> 'main'  : DFSG Free
> 'contrib'  : 'DFSG free, but needs non-free components
> 'non-free' : non-free

Sound perfect.  May be we need to shorten the text for contrib a bit since
it might spoil the layout.

> The license for prospective packages is obtained from UDD and the license
> of new_packages should be unknown . Am I right ?

Yes, that's correct for the moment.  I just realise that we should
enhance the ftpnew importer from UDD to parse the license as well.  When
I wrote this importer DEP5 formated copyright files were not that
popular.

But for the moment we leave it like this.  Please put the license field
for new packages on your todo list.

Hmmm, thinking twice about it:  New packages are also featuring a
section field.  So we can even now tell whether the license is "DFSG
Free", ...  This might change according to the acceptance from ftpmaster
but this is at least the knowledge we currently have.

I think you could implement this right now and we leave the license
field for new packages for the long term todo list with low relevance.