Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi Akshita,
>
> Nearly no errors.  The outout of update-all-tasks is redirected to the
> logs subdirectory.
>
> Try:
>
>   grep -i error logs/*
>
> which has the known issue
>
>    Dep has no English short description: h5utils
>
> and besides this
>
> logs/debichem.err:IndexError: list index out of range
> logs/openstudio.err:IndexError: list index out of range
>
> That's a simple one since the Blend name does not necessarily contain a
> '-'.  I guess you might be able to adopt (or enhance) the code from the
> old tasks.py.

If I am right, the old tasks.py basically downloads the <blend> data folder (in this case :  debichem, openstudio). It then gets the prefix for the metapackage by using blend-get-names script. blend-get-names script reads debian/control.stub file in the blend data folder an gets the 'Source : ' value from the file which is concatenated with '-' and used as prefix. So, if we follow the old code, we'll need to download data folder using svn or git.

So instead, I plan to use a try-catcch block. If there's an index error, the prefix will be same as the blendname + '-'. Does this seem fine ?

Regards,
Akshita