Re: [GSoC] Adding information to UDD and inject the rendering to tasks,py

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Akshita,

> It may sound
> silly, but can you help me in figuring out in which folder are the
> 'debian.tex' and 'debian.bib' files stored after they are created by
> bibref_gatherer.py. I cannot see any .tex or .bib files in udd folder or
> any other folders.

It is created in /srv/udd.debian.org/udd but only if the following
conditions are valid on your machine:

    # if there is a working LaTeX installation try to build a BibTeX database and test it by creating a debian.pdf file
    if isfile('/usr/bin/pdflatex') and access('/usr/bin/pdflatex', X_OK) and \
       isfile('/usr/bin/bibtex')   and access('/usr/bin/bibtex', X_OK) and \
       ( isfile('/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/source/jknappen/ec/ecrm.mf') or \
         isfile('/usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/source/jknappen/ec/ecrm.mf') ) :

My bad. Don't know how I missed this ! I installed LaTeX and all the files were created. The diff of debian.tex and debian.bib files gave no differences. I have sent a patch that modifies blends_prospective_gatherer.py: bibref_prospective_gatherer inserts new references in the bibref table, irrespective of whether they are from VCS or Debian Mirror. However, it did not update the already existing references (added from Debian Mirror) depending on the entry in VCS. This commit enables the update.

So, do I consider this issue fixed ?

> > It seems that nobody took the time to document all this to help
> > newcomers understanding things easily.
>
> I would like to do the documentation once I myself am familiar with UDD. I
> really feel it is needed.

This would be really valuable!

Hope at least my timely response are helping you over missing docs

Your prompt response to all my queries is very motivating. Thanks alot for your patience. It is very highly appreciated.

Thanking You,
Akshita