Re: [GSoC] Adding information to UDD and inject the rendering to tasks,py

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Akshita,

On Sun, Apr 05, 2015 at 09:53:18AM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > I was using my local cone for testing.  The result of the bibref
> > gatherer can be very easily tested since if it is not running on
> > udd.debian.org a debian.tex and debian.bib file is created and
> > processed.  A diff of these files should be a sufficient test if
> > everything is fine.
> >

> I am sorry but could you please tell me how to execute the
> bibref_gatherer.py. When I run it using "python bibref_gatherer.py", I get
> an error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bibref_gatherer.py", line 438, in <module>
>     main()
> NameError: name 'main' is not defined
>
> Even when I remove the main(), no error occurs but the file is not executed
> properly.

All gatherers are run the way as the update-and-run.sh script is
demonstrating.  To save the update step I have locally some script
only-run.sh:

#!/bin/sh
DIR=/srv/udd.debian.org/udd/
CONFIG=$DIR/config-ullmann.yaml

  $DIR/udd.py $CONFIG run "$@"

which you can use to `only-run.sh bibref`.

I am sorry but I keep running into errors. I solved the ownership errors I was getting for UDD and now both ./only-run.sh bibref and ./update-and-run.sh bibref, get executed without any issues. It may sound silly, but can you help me in figuring out in which folder are the 'debian.tex' and 'debian.bib' files stored after they are created by bibref_gatherer.py. I cannot see any .tex or .bib files in udd folder or any other folders.

It seems that nobody took the time to document all this to help
newcomers understanding things easily.

I would like to do the documentation once I myself am familiar with UDD. I really feel it is needed.

--
Regards,
Akshita Jha