Re: [GSoC] Adding information to UDD and inject the rendering to tasks,py

Hi Akshita,

On Sun, Apr 05, 2015 at 09:53:18AM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > I was using my local cone for testing.  The result of the bibref
> > gatherer can be very easily tested since if it is not running on
> > udd.debian.org a debian.tex and debian.bib file is created and
> > processed.  A diff of these files should be a sufficient test if
> > everything is fine.
> >

> I am sorry but could you please tell me how to execute the
> bibref_gatherer.py. When I run it using "python bibref_gatherer.py", I get
> an error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bibref_gatherer.py", line 438, in <module>
>     main()
> NameError: name 'main' is not defined
>
> Even when I remove the main(), no error occurs but the file is not executed
> properly.

All gatherers are run the way as the update-and-run.sh script is
demonstrating.  To save the update step I have locally some script
only-run.sh:

#!/bin/sh
DIR=/srv/udd.debian.org/udd/
CONFIG=$DIR/config-ullmann.yaml

  $DIR/udd.py $CONFIG run "$@"

which you can use to `only-run.sh bibref`.

It seems that nobody took the time to document all this to help
newcomers understanding things easily.

Hope this helps