Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

Perhaps compression is just stupid.  The tarball will be compressed
anyway so there is no real win in double compression.  Lets just stick
to the json files.

Yes you are right. Compression might just be useful if we are going to keep the json files into the VCs but anyway ,if needed, we can change that anytime.

Fine.  As I said it would be great if you could create some blends-dev
package to let us do things on "neutral" pathes as it will be
implemented later anyway.  SO I will be able to test your work more
easily.

I added a debian/ directory into the blends-gsoc. Now with debuild a blends-dev-patch package can be generated. For the moment I named it blends-dev-patch so it won't override the existing blends-dev files completelyAlso(I don't know if dpkg has any args to avoid that).  when installing the packages with "dpkg" I used --force-overwrite arg in order to override the current's blends-dev files we want.

Remember to add  * start automatically injected changes * / * end automatically injected changes * into the target changelog in order to make changelog entry work. For the moment  I save the changelog entry with the dependencies changes into a debian/changelog.new file into the generated orig.tar.gz.

I installed the blends-dev-patch package, I run ./dumpTags to get dependencies json for previous releases  and  I tested "make dist" for debian-med_1.13.1 and seems to work.

PS: I had a great time today as it was my first attempt to create a simple debian package (and to be honest I got stuck to a very simple/stupid bug for a couple a long time while trying to make "debuild" to work)

Kind regards

Emmanouil