Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> > Perhaps we include an example of the problem below into Debian Fun task
> > to make sure we will not forget.
>
> I will add them.

Good

I added an new task duplicates into Debian fun

Create the changelog entry of changed dependencies?

OK, regarding the changelog entry, how do you want it to be called?(I am looking for ideas). The steps we need are the following:

1)First a ./task_diff --status-dump should have been called in order to get a jsondatabase containing the dependencies of the current release.
2)Then once a new release of a blend is created and a new entry in the changelog with the new release is added,  ./task_diff --compare can be called and its stdout with the changed dependencies can be added into the new changelog file under the latest(new) release.
3)Finally ./task_diff --status-dump should be called again to override the previous jsondatabase with the new releases dependencies.

This is my first time dealing with makefiles/package releases etc so I am not so confident of how the changelog entry should be performed. So my questions are:
* Will the --status-dump be called manually or automatically somehow(when a release is tagged in VCs?)
* The ./task_diff --compare with the change dependencies should also be called manually / automatically? if automatically from where makefile/rules/VCs hook?

Kind regards

Emmanouil