Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 01:22:56PM +0300, Emmanouil Kiagias wrote:
> From the files of the tarball :
>
> diff control control-sec
> 398a399
> >  lv2fil [!hurd-i386],
> 429a431
> >  timemachine,
>
> diff taskdesc.template taskdesc-sec.template
> 384a385
> >  lv2fil [!hurd-i386]
>

> >From the above it seems that the packages "timemachine" and "lv2fil" might
> be duplicated in the your local UDD copy in
> blends_dependencies_alternatives(just a suspicion). Can you tell me what
> results you get with these:
>
> * select blend, task, package, distribution, component, dependency,
> provides from blends_dependencies where package='timemachine' and
> blend='openstudio';
>
> * select blend, task, package, distribution, component, dependency,
> provides from blends_dependencies where package='lv2fil' and
> blend='openstudio';
>
> and
>
> * select blend, task, alternatives, distribution, component, dependency,
> contains_provides from blends_dependencies_alternatives where alternatives
> like '%timemachine%' and blend='openstudio';
>
> * select blend, task, alternatives, distribution, component, dependency,
> contains_provides from blends_dependencies_alternatives where alternatives
> like '%lv2fil%' and blend='openstudio';

udd=# select blend, task, package, distribution, component, dependency, provides from blends_dependencies where package='timemachine' and blend='openstudio';
   blend    |   task    |   package   | distribution | component | dependency | provides
------------+-----------+-------------+--------------+-----------+------------+----------
 openstudio | recording | timemachine | debian       | main      | d          | f
(1 Zeile)

udd=# select blend, task, alternatives, distribution, component, dependency, contains_provides from blends_dependencies_alternatives where alternatives like '%timemachine%' and blend='openstudio';
   blend    |   task    | alternatives | distribution | component | dependency | contains_provides
------------+-----------+--------------+--------------+-----------+------------+-------------------
 openstudio | recording | timemachine  | debian       | main      | d          | f
 openstudio | recording | timemachine  | debian       | main      | s          | f
(2 Zeilen)

udd=# select blend, task, alternatives, distribution, component, dependency, contains_provides from blends_dependencies_alternatives where alternatives like '%lv2fil%' and blend='openstudio';
   blend    |    task     | alternatives | distribution | component | dependency | contains_provides
 openstudio | plugins-lv2 | lv2fil       | debian       | main      | d          | f
 openstudio | plugins-lv2 | lv2fil       | debian       | main      | d          | f
(2 Zeilen)

Hmmmm, your assumption is correct however, IMHO this is a bug inside the
database layout / data import.  We should set according constraints and
fix the import to prevent this.