Re: Switching from SVN to Git

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 07:42:58AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >   1. git://git.debian.org/git/debian-blends/blends.git
> >
> >   2. git://git.debian.org/git/debian-blends/projects/<BLEND>.git
> >
> >   3. git://git.debian.org/git/debian-blends/website.git
> >
> >   4. git://git.debian.org/git/debian-blends/publications.git
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I think that it is a good idea.  Please let me know if you need some
> help for the conversion.
>
> About point 3), if this is mostly scripts (not contents), how about
> merging it with 1) as a separate binary package ?

I agree with the principle to package what we use.  However, the main
site where the code is supposed to be run is Alioth where I do not have
permission to install packages.  So for the moment I would consider
sticking to the current workflow (specifically to implement some serious
changes to the code).  Merging both repositories later should not be a
problem.

Kind regards and thanks for the support