Re: BrDesktop as Debian Pure Blends

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:48:32PM +0800, Andrew Lee wrote:
> > I see we perfectly agree in the way to go!  I'm really happy about this.
>
> May I join this during DC? I'd like to have a pure-blends for our users
> in Chinese regions.

You are more than welcome.  I'm keen on starting this effort since

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200503_peking_cdd/index_en.html

IMHO it would be a very good preparation if you prepare a list
of tasks (categories / potential metapackages) and the dependencies
belonging to these tasks.  Once this prepearation is done we should
not have much hassle.  It might be reasonable to use a Wiki for
*preparation* (not as final state as it was done for instance for
Debian Science[1] or for DebiChem[2].  This is sometimes helpful
to work on the layout for tasks and its dependencies and enables
discussion for a group about this.

BTW, there is *NO* *need* *at* *all* to use a nice table layout
as it is used on the genomics page[3].  Just save your time and
only list the dependant packages.  You will simply save your time
because once the task file is builded you get all this for free
like on the Debian Med biology page[4].  So please avoid useless
efforts and just use the layout of potential DebiChem tasks[2]
with task name and dependencies.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Classification
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Chemistry
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGenomics