Re: BrDesktop as Debian Pure Blends

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 04:10:09PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> This link may help:
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=devel@listas.brdesktop.org

A, OK:

$ apt-cache search brdesktop
brdesktop-artwork-usplash - Brazilian Custom Debian Distribution - graphical boot theme
brdesktop-artwork-gnome - Brazilian Debian Pure Blend - GNOME artwork
brdesktop-artwork-grub - Brazilian Debian Pure Blend - grub theme
brdesktop-artwork-splashy - Brazilian Debian Pure Blend - splashy graphical boot theme
brdesktop-common - Brazilian Debian Pure Blend - common packages
brdesktop-config-gnome - Brazilian Debian Pure Blend - GNOME settings
brdesktop-gnome - Brazilian Debian Pure Blend - GNOME flavour

So I wonder whether it makes sense to use the Blends framework to build
these packages.  If you ask me it makes perfectly sense and if you have
doubt about the "extra workload" which comes with the artwork packages
I can ensure you that it is perfectly possible to handle this with the
existing blends-dev package.

If you consider this an interesting idea I would love to volunteer porting
these packages to blends-dev.  Tiago, I have heard you will join DebConf.
Would you mind spending one hour on this task - I don't think it needs more
time to reproduce the existing binary packages while gaining profit from
the other advantages which come with Blends tools.