Re: About the CDD Development Camp

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:

 The document is included on the future cddtk package (you probably have the
 source if you did a checkout of my cddtk repository, it's on the doc/
 subdir).
Ahh yes, you are right.  So I will just adapt the general doc and will provide
a link.  Your doc should be provided with the tool because it belongs to it.

   apt-get satisfy-deps < control.file

 What do you think?
Hmmm, it might be useful for some cases even if I personally see no relevance
to start a big effort in this.  I guess apt-get maintainers will not be very
happy about this kind of stuff and the effort might be bigger than the win.

 I'm asking because adding support to generate
 metapackages should be very easy to do for the current cddtk package and if
 someone is interested I can write it, but if nobody is going to use it I'll
 probably start to work on the input for the hypotetical apt-get
 'satisfy-deps' subcommand (and on apt, of course... ;)
The very first thing I would do is to ask apt-get maintainers whether they
like this idea ...