Re: Raw script of Valencia talk

El Wed, May 05, 2004 at 10:11:42AM +0200, Andreas Tille escribió:
> On Wed, 5 May 2004, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
>
> >   That doesn't means that the CDD can't be included in Debian, it's just
> >   a tool to give a 'reduced' view of the full package list for users and
> >   of course if they use a 'standard' package list they can install
> >   everything from Debian.
> Ahhh, you mean a separate Packages.gz file for each CDD, right?
> Well, this might be interesting.  (I wish you good luck in convincing
> ftpmaster. ;-) )

  They don't need to be on the original Debian servers, beeing able to
  generate them from a local mirror is OK for my pourposes.

> >   Well, what I want is to discuss about it later, I don't feel that it
> >   is a top priority now, but it will be ... ;)
> Sure.  That's why I wanted to reduce this part of my talk to "just mention
> it - details later".

  I agree.

> >   My idea is to have some kind of common technology to do this kind of
> >   things, I'm sure that including everything in Sarge is not going to
> >   avoid this kind of problems in the future, so is better to have a
> >   standard solution for this cases and of course try to avoid it's use
> >   including things in Debian proper.
> Well, what about
>
>     6.1.3 Documentation packages
>
> at
>
>     http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/paper-cdd/debian-cdd.html/ch-technology.en.html#s-metapackages
>
> I suggest that we join forces to help Grisu to get DDTP working again after the
> break in and it's a real shame that this is not yet working.  Grisu plans to
> get it working when LinuxTag in Karlsruhe starts.  But any helping hand might be
> a good thing.

  Yes, that's something intesting ... we will talk about it.

> >   I'm sure we will need to add or review translations after Sarge's
> >   release, and once the Offical Release is out updating the Debian
> >   packages only for the translations is difficult, and building our own
> >   binaries only for this reason is also a waste of resources.
> This is the idea of DDTP ...

  Yes, but I'm also thinking about .po files and documentation inside
  the packages, not only the Descriptions ...

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69