Re: Queuing System for Parallel Clusters

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 01:11:51PM +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 08:28:59AM +1100, Drake Diedrich wrote:
> >
> >    DQS determines nodes at execution time.  GNQS (according to the
> > documentation) does as well.  Use -l, not -q, to specify node requirements.
> > qsub -q xx will run a job only on the specified queue, but that's what it's
> > for.
>
> My apologies.  My knowledge of GNQS must be hopelessly out of date.  It
> certainly didn't do that (or if it was meant do, it didn't work) when I
> last tried it.

   It probably doesn't then.  I've never run it as I believed the docs and
found it unsuitable for my cluster anyway.  The last major revision
documented an overhaul of the scheduler that should have provided
rescheduling at job execution time.  That would have been ~4 years ago, so
your knowledge probably isn't out of date.