Synchronized users/groups/passwords

Hello,

	We currently have an 8 node cluster running, which is going  to be
expanded to 14 then 28 nodes and so on.  Right now, we are managing  the
users, groups, and passwords manually on each node.  What we are trying to
determine is whether or not to use NIS, scripts, or another means to manage
these automatically across the cluster.  Each seems to have both good and
bad points.

	What we need to determine is which would be better for our
situation.  What kind of problems and/or experiences have been had with
each?  Any input would be appreciated.  TIA!

Shannon Bock

bocks@plk.af.mil