Re: Backport ffmpegfs to buster

On Sat, 2020-04-25 at 10:55 +0200, Norbert Schlia wrote:
> Hi,
> silly me, thanks to Phil Wyett who solved my problem.
> I have created a new packet, this time correctly, hopefully. I
> followed Phil's guideline.
>
> Your upload of the package 'ffmpegfs' to mentors.debian.net was
> successful. Others can now see it. The URL of your package is:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/ffmpegfs
>
> The respective dsc file can be found at:
> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/ffmpegfs/ffmpegfs_1.10-2~bpo10+1.dsc
>
> On 24.04.20 15:40, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> > Hi Norbert,
> >
> > 在 2020-04-24星期五的 15:30 +0200,Norbert Schlia写道:
> > > Hi,
> > > the package is on Mentors. There was no additional patch
> > > necessary, it works
> > > on Buster without problems. The package is  exactly the same as in
> > > Bullyeye,
> > > I only used "debuild -v1.10-2" as recommended in
> > > https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/
> >
> > That won't work -- have you really looked into details on
> > https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/ ? The version string cannot
> > be the
> > exactly the same; it needs to be adjusted. Besides, a new changelog
> > entry is
> > needed for the bpo version. Details are in the "Supported
> > Distributions"
> > section in https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/ .
> >
> > Please read that page again carefully. If you are unsure how to
> > construct the
> > changelog entry, you may take a look at other packages that has a
> > backported
> > version and compare the differences between the version in Testing
> > and the
> > version in stable-backports.
> >

> --
> Oblivion Software Development and Internet Services
> Norbert Schlia
> Hans-Thoma-Str. 24
> 76327 Pfinztal
> Germany
>
>  Telefon: 	 0721 47 05 1112
>  Fax: 	 0721 47 05 1113
>  Mobile: 	 0178 5365230
>  Steuernr.: 	 3411/44460
>
> www: http://www.oblivion-software.eu/
> Pour le Respect de l'Environnement : merci d'éviter d'imprimer ce
> message.
> Rispetto per l'ambiente: Si prega di evitare di stampare questo
> messaggio.
> Пожалуйста, не печатайте это письмо - защита окружающей среды в наших
> руках.
> Por favor, ten en cuenta el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este
> mensaje.
> With regard to the environment: Please avoid printing this message.
> Aus Rücksicht auf die Umwelt drucken Sie bitte diese Nachricht nicht
> aus.

Hi,

Looks good. Now you need to do a Request For Sponsor (RFS).

See: https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto

On https://mentors.debian.net/package/ffmpegfs you should also change
'Needs a sponsor: No' to 'Needs a sponsor: Yes', if required.

Regards

Phil

--

*** Playing the game for the games sake. ***

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Twitter: @kathenasorg

IRC: kathenas

GPG: 724AA9B52F024C8B