Re: Backport ffmpegfs to buster

On Fri, 2020-04-24 at 09:40 -0400, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> 在 2020-04-24星期五的 15:30 +0200,Norbert Schlia写道:
> > Hi,
> > the package is on Mentors. There was no additional patch necessary,
> > it works
> > on Buster without problems. The package is  exactly the same as in
> > Bullyeye,
> > I only used "debuild -v1.10-2" as recommended in
> > https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/
>
> That won't work -- have you really looked into details on
> https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/ ? The version string cannot
> be the
> exactly the same; it needs to be adjusted. Besides, a new changelog
> entry is
> needed for the bpo version. Details are in the "Supported
> Distributions"
> section in https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/ .
>
> Please read that page again carefully. If you are unsure how to
> construct the
> changelog entry, you may take a look at other packages that has a
> backported
> version and compare the differences between the version in Testing and
> the
> version in stable-backports.

Hi,

Boyuan is correct here and I would also urge a revisit to the docs.

For a little help on backporting this package to 'buster-backports', I
have created a session of doing this package. It can be found
temporarily at: https://wiki.debian.org/PhilWyett/BackportSession

Hope this helps.

Regards

Phil

--

*** Playing the game for the games sake. ***

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Twitter: @kathenasorg

IRC: kathenas

GPG: 724AA9B52F024C8B