Re: requesting asciidoctor transition needed to update bpo of git

Dear Jonathan, Aron and everyone else reading this,

On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 10:24:33AM -0700, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
>
> > For the full thread, please consult:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2018/05/msg00016.html
> >
> > What would you like to do to unblock future updates of the src:git
> > stretch-bpo?  I'm willing to help if necessary, because git >= 2.16
> > has a bunch of useful (advanced) features.  Please reply to
> > debian-backports.
>
> If you would like to help with backporting git (which would be very
> welcome!), please contact git@packages.debian.org in a new thread and
> we can work on it together.

I believe Aron Xu is currently maintaining the stretch-backport, and
I've heard that he's very busy these days.  Aron, I don't want to step
on your toes by hijacking your backport.  Assuming changes are made in
sid which once again allow a no-change bpo, will you have the time to
update it?

> If you would like to change how the documentation is built in sid,
> well, that doesn't have much to do with backports. Feel free to file a
> bug through the BTS.

I've filed one at #898226

Feel free to set me as the owner of the bug if you'd like to delegate
the work :-)

Kind regards,
Nicholas