Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 02:48:26PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Maybe we could document in some way when the backport is not in
> sync with testing and when it's a maintainer's choice ?

How much ownership does a maintainer have on a backport?

Using as much liberty in reading the backports policy as you do,
I see that informing the Debian maintainer and the previous
backporter are just completely optional "best practices".

What do you expect to happen if someone other than you uploads
Django 1.10 to jessie-backports?

When using backports as intended it is clear that the latest package
from stretch should be uploaded to jessie-backports, and the package
should be the same no matter who does the backports upload.

If you need 1.8 in jessie-backports for your own usecase, but someone
else needs 1.10 in jessie-backports for some other usecase, then there
is a conflict that does not exist when backports are only used as intended.

> Cheers,

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.