Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On May 24, 2017 7:19:43 AM EDT, Rhonda D'Vine <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:
>* Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [2017-05-24 13:00:41 CEST]:
>> On Wed, 24 May 2017, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> > If the person who did two years ago the jessie backport of a
>package
>> > used by DSA retired from Debian a year ago or is one of the many
>MIA
>> > developers, how are the machines maintained by DSA kept secure
>today?
>>
>> Adrian, you keep diverting the discussion to something entirely else.
>> I'm stopping here. You are bringing into light known problems
>> that have currently no good answers. But those problems exist with
>> the current policy already. So they are irrelevant in the discussion
>> of my requested change. My request is not making that worse
>> or better.
>
> No, Adrian doesn't do that, that's a very core point.  The way you
>handle it noone is able to pick up the package in the way you do it
>without serious effort.  You are the user of the package and thus have
>the very internal motivation to keep it there.  If you are gone noone
>is
>able to pick it up because it doesn't follow the rules.  It is very
>much
>not irrelevant, as much as you like to claim that.

This is not correct.  Updating the package to the latest 1.8 version took me less than half an hour.  The effort to update the package in backports is trivial for anyone with the level of packaging knowledge any DD should have.  "Serious effort" is way off base.

Scott K