Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

* Brian May <bam@debian.org> [2017-05-25 12:39:41 CEST]:
> I am going to switch sides here (am I allowed to do this?), and try to
> guess:
>
> * If we enforce the rule that backports must match the version in
>   testing, it becomes easy for an automatic process to work out which
>   backports are out-of-date.

 For the record, we have that overview:
https://backports.debian.org/jessie-backports/overview/
https://backports.debian.org/jessie-backports/outdated/ (that's where
the above 25% came from)

 If the packages are in sync, (LTS)maintaining oldstable-backports turns
into a no-brainer, as the patches in stable shouldn't pose any
additional incompatibilities that would affect the former backport.
That is also another core reasons for the rule.  When the discussion
came up for oldoldstable-backports and LTS, I said I would be willing to
maintain it myself if people won't do it themself -- but I can only do
that if the packages are in sync.  Everything else is not maintainable
with minimum overhead.  I can't hold that offer for packages that are
maintained in a way that makes them out of sync with the source from
where they got backported.

 So long,
Rhonda