Re: python-django_1.8.18-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi,

On Fri, 26 May 2017, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> How much ownership does a maintainer have on a backport?

It depends on the amount of work he has put into it.

> Using as much liberty in reading the backports policy as you do,
> I see that informing the Debian maintainer and the previous
> backporter are just completely optional "best practices".
>
> What do you expect to happen if someone other than you uploads
> Django 1.10 to jessie-backports?

I would be upset and rightfully so as anyone reading the backport's
changelog would be aware that I'm actively maintaining the backport.

> If you need 1.8 in jessie-backports for your own usecase, but someone
> else needs 1.10 in jessie-backports for some other usecase, then there
> is a conflict that does not exist when backports are only used as intended.

Yes. This is clear and I acknowledged it in some other message already.
But that gets resolved through discussion, on a case-by-case basis.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer