Re: Backports bugs in the BTS

   Hi,

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> [2017-05-08 13:56:13 CEST]:
> Version tracking allows easy tracking of issues in the BTS,
> but for being effective this cannot be a per-maintainer choice.

 Well.  The missing version-tracking for backports is only one thing
that the BTS is lacking - a different view on who's the maintainer of
the package is the more important thing that people object to.  The BTS
does know only one maintainer of a package and takes that information
from unstable - to account for the fact that an upload to stable isn't
needed to change maintainer role of a package and get notified of bugs.

 And not all uploaders/backporters are part of the package team for
unstable for the backports they maintain.  I agree with you that the
missing version support is usually not that big of a deal (I still have
the impression that people could/should learn more about version
tracking and how it works).  But the different maintainer view and thus
different notification list would be a crucial part to get into the BTS
before it can be recommended to use for backports properly.

 Enjoy,
Rhonda